This week, we swung for the fences in regards to transfers for our FPL fantasy futból lineup. We whiffed and fell on our ass in the process.
FPL Week 7 Results (to see last week’s results, click here)
FPL Week 7 Points: 41
Total Points: 380 (includes -8 transfer hit)
Default League Position: 2nd (no change)
Head-to-Head League Result: L
Head-to-Head League Record: 4-3
- (Free) Jordan Pickford (GK – EVE; 5.0M) to Joe Hart (GK – BUR; 4.5M)
- (-4) Benjamin Mendy (DEF – MCI; 6.3M) to Andrew Robertson (DEF – LIV; 6.2M)
- (-4) Kenedy (MID – NEW; 5.0M) to James Maddison (MID – LEI; 6.7M
Point Haul/Loss from Transfers (This Week): -5 (including -8 hit)
Net Point Haul/Loss from Transfers (Season – Weeks of Initial Transfer): -26
Money in the Bank (GW6 Transfers): -1.1M
Money in the Bank (Current): 0M
Squad Value: 102.3M
Things We Like
- We’re really grasping at straws here because very little went right this week, but we like the setup of our team now and believe better weeks are ahead. Barring injury, we won’t have to make a transfer next week.
Things We Hate
- Naturally, Jordan Pickford gets a clean sheet the week we transfer him out.
- Our decision to captain Richarlison over Sergio Aguero backfired. We missed out on ten points because of this move.
- We had the option of transferring in Andrew Robertson or Kiernan Trippier (DEF – TOT; 6.0M) because we saw more clean sheet potential for Liverpool over the next ten weeks. So far, that decision has cost us nine points.
After seven game weeks, we are still in second place, but 47 FPL points behind the first place squad. Also, the team in 3rd place had a strong week and is only six points behind us.
Recall that the squad in 1st place after Game Week 20 will receive $450, and the team in 1st at the end of the Premier League season also gets $450.
Let’s hope for a better week next week.