Our FPL squad played the wildcard before Week 16. Needless to say, Week 16 and Week 17 couldn’t have been more different. We’re 52 points behind first with three weeks left before the first payout.
Fantasy Premier League Week 16 Points: 38
Fantasy Premier League Week 17 Points: 75
Total FPL Points: 935
Default League Position: 2nd (no change)
Head-to-Head League Record: 8-9
Squad Value: 103.7M
As you can see, our FPL squad looks completely different than before. In fact, Raheem Sterling, Ryan Fraser, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka are the only holdovers from our pre-wildcard lineup.
Things We Like
- If there’s one thing we’ve learned since starting out with FPL, it’s that all Man City players are prone to rotation. Thankfully, Raheem Sterling can still be dangerous off the bench, as he scored a goal in Week 17 despite coming in at the 66th minute.
- Even though we had a terrible Week 16, our Week 17 allowed us to make up a total of ten points on first place over the past two weeks.
- Eden Hazard looks to be coming into form just as we got him in. If we can continue to obtain 40 combined points from Hazard, Sterling, Harry Kane, and Leroy Sané, we’ll be in great position to overtake first place prior to Week 21.
- Our bench stepped up for us in Week 17. Since two of our defenders missed the week due to injury, Raúl Jiménez and Wan-Bissaka subbed in and scored a combined 15 points. Unfortunately, Trent Alexander-Arnold will be out for a few games. Fortunately we set our squad up to where we have a luxury to make transfers for our defense based on matchups.
Things We Hate
- Obviously, it hurts to only score 38 points off a wildcard play in Week 16. If only we had played this wildcard before Week 15 or before Week 17. Mo Salah scored a hat trick in Week 16 and 21 FPL points alone. If we had captained him, double that.
- The first place squad still has a wildcard to use. After only scoring 40 points this week, we wouldn’t be surprised to see them use it for Week 18. The one silver lining is that their squad value is only 101.6 compared to our 103.7 value.
After seventeen game weeks, we are still in 2nd place and 52 points behind first. We badly need our squad to survive rotation during this Christmas period in order to catch up and overtake first place.
Recall that the squad in 1st place after Game Week 20 will receive $450, and the team in 1st at the end of the Premier League season also gets $450.
Want to keep the conversation going, or simply talk crap to us? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.